Saturday, February 16, 2013

Death Cafe - One Big Question

Hi All,

This morning I got up early, 0900hr, to meet a delightful journalist with the Calgary Herald. We talked about the upcoming Death Cafe - Calgary's first.

As I ranted and raved about this very innovative and cool idea to facilitate conversation about all things related to death, I realized that I have many more questions than answers about death..

In fact, I don't have any answers to the following questions:

1. Is there an after-life?
2. What does after-life mean, anyway?
3. What will it be like to be dead?
4. How exactly would I like to die?
5. Can I be sure that my instructions for my funeral will be followed to the "T"?
6. Do I need to worry about offending anyone at my funeral once I'm dead?
7. Do I really want to be cremated and have my ashes thrown over my old property, or do I want to be buried next to my parents in one of the ugliest cemetaries in Canada?
8. If someone told me that I only had 2 months to live, what would I really, actually do?
9. When I die, will I "be" with my dead pets? Dead family members?
10. What if there IS a hell??? Can I do something really quick on the way out to make sure I'm re-routed?

It's a good thing that the Death Cafe is about eating cake, drinking coffee/tea, and exploring all those questions, and others, about death. I don't have to have the answers - it's all one big question.

Come and share the journey.

Sunday, March 10, 2-5 PM at Self-Connection Books in Calgary. There is no charge but I need an RSVP to save your place and make you some cake. wendymariek@gmail.com

Warmly
Wendy



No comments:

Post a Comment